Direct Vented Units
AirGenerate AirTap™ Direct Vented Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heaters with Air Intake and Exhaust Duct Option
The AirGenerate AirTap™ direct vented heat pump water heaters are available in 50 gallon (ATI50DV), 66 Gallon (ATI66DV) and 80 gallon (ATI80DV) models. By definition, each of the direct vented AirGenerate water heater models comes with the option to attach a dedicated air intake and air exhaust duct. This means that the unit will operate without pulling any heat from the interior air so it doesn’t impact the conditioned space. Direct vented AirGenerate water heaters are ideal for maximizing energy efficiency and home comfort.
The AirTap™ water heaters have the following distinctive characteristics:
|Tank Size||50 gallons||66 gallons||80 gallons|
|Energy Factor (hybrid mode)||2.1 EF||2.35 EF||2.2 EF|
|First Hour Rating (hybrid mode)||63 gallons||70 gallons||80 gallons|
|Heat Pump BTU Rating||7,720 BTUs||7,720 BTUs||7,720 BTUs|
|Backup Electric Element||4kW||4kW||4kW|
|Tank Capsule||Stainless Steel 304||Stainless Steel 304||Stainless Steel 304|
|Diameter||25.6 inches||25.5 inches||25.5 inches|
|Height||58.4 inches||70.5 inches||75.5 inches|
|Weight||172 lbs||243 lbs||254 lbs|
|Duct Diameter (top of unit)||6 inches||6 inches||6 inches|
|Sound Rating||48 db||48 db||48 db|
- Best efficiency in the heat pump water heater category
- High recover rate also referred to as first hour rating.
- The water heater tank and shell are made of stainless steel 304 for maximum durability and life expectancy in residential homes.
- 3/4 water inlet, outlet, and condensate line for easy installation.
- Backup heating element to support heat pump when needed.
- A sacrificial anode for added tank protection
- Built in T&P valve
- User friendly touch pad controls to adjust water temperature and 3 different operating modes:
- Economy Mode (heat pump used to heat water)
- Auto Mode (hybrid using heat pump and electric elements when needed)
- Heater mode (uses heat pump and electric elements jointly at all times)
- Auto defrost to keep heat pump operational in cold climates.
- Auto overheat detection to prevent tank damage.
- Environment friendly use of refrigerant R410a.
- Brass drain valve
- Limited 10 year warranty.
The AirGenerate AirTap™ Hybrid heat pump water heaters are recommended to be installed by a factory trained qualified contractor. The manufacturer does not process warranty claims on DIY-installations. It is necessary to consider and follow manufacturer installation guidelines including: space and ventilation requirements, electric specifications, sound impact, installation procedures, powering up, and essential maintenance.